Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Title Says It All

The Business of ME.  Why this name?  Well, I've been in a funk for a while now (OK...10 years to be exact!) and I've labored over how to get my head out of my ass and do something to change things.

I truly believe in the power of intention and the power of "putting things out into the universe".  I feel like it's life's way of keeping it real and pushing you forward.  So I figured that if I started a blog; it accomplished that very thing.  I've put it out there and hopefully as time goes on, there will be this snowball effect and things will begin to change.

I've thought long and hard about how to change my life so that I feel happy and fulfilled again, like the way I felt in my 20's and early 30's (before the loss of my career, getting married and having a child sucked the life out of me).  What I've come up with is that I have to start a new "business".  The Business of ME.  Create a mission statement, a business plan (with short term and long term goals) and a way to execute that plan.  Hopefully in the end, it's a success and I'll find the path to happiness again (do you remember what happiness feels like??  Opening your eyes in the morning and feeling excited about what lays ahead, rather than the monotonous, heavy feeling of another dull day that bores you to tears).

Stay tuned.  This will be a work in progress but I'm glad I took the first step today.  It's out there in the universe and there is no turning back now.

The CEO

No comments:

Post a Comment